Wednesday, November 22, 2006

KALW and Moms Rising!

It's almost impossible to talk about Women in Overdrive without talking about motherhood. And this is precisely the topic that kept coming up during my radio interview on KALW's Your Call Radio with Rose Aquilar the other day. We mothers feel like we don't have enough support when it comes to maternity leave, childcare, flexibility at work, and healthcare. So a very helpful listener (thank you!) called in to tell us about www.momsrising.org, which is a group working to do all of these things.
The caller also recommended a book, If Women Counted by Marilyn Waring. I haven't read it, so I'm just passing along the information to you.

A bit more about the show; I was really pleased to hear many men calling in with their questions and concerns. I know that Overdrive isn't only a women's issue, but the men who called in seemed genuinely humble and interested in becoming part of this important conversation.

People also confirmed ways to get out of overdrive that I talk about in my book, including exercise, meditation, redefining success, staying aware of each moment and taking it day by day. I especially liked the caller who did puzzles to get out of his head and bring awareness into his life!

Thank you.

No comments: